The conference will provide a way for healthcare professionals to enhance their practical diabetes and obesity management, diagnostic skills, and to help people from all backgrounds with diabetes struggling to come to terms with this serious chronic condition.
The 3rd Middle East Diabetes Conference will feature an exciting program which endeavors to address the latest key issues in diabetes from clinical care to social aspects. The three-day conference program dedicated to provide scientific and educational content for GPs, Family Physicians and Dialectologists – this conference will be dedicated to enhancing diabetes care in the region.
For the first time, the agenda will cover all types of diabetes; type 2, type 1, monogenic diabetes mellitus and diabetes in pregnancy. It will highlight the new forms of therapies; GLP-1 RA, SGLT-2 inhibitors and insulin analogues as well as common complications. Another focus will be on the specifics of diabetes in the Middle East; treatment during the Ramadan, during travel (Haj), and the indications of bariatric surgery in subjects with Obesity. Cardio-Vascular Risk management in subjects with diabetes are given special emphasis reviewing the latest guidelines in management of Dyslipidemia, and Hypertension.
Topics & Agenda
– Covering latest diabetes updates
– Combining technology with modern treatment
– Focus on co-morbidity in subjects with diabetes
– Obesity and their medical and surgical management
– Diabetes pathogenesis: ominous octet
– Cardio-vascular risks management
– Goal of treatment
– Available treatment options
– Technology in diabetes management
– Special population with diabetes
– Safety of drugs
– Type 1 diabetes
– Clinical practice vs guidelines
– Nutrition therapy of diabetes
– Multidisciplinary team approach in diabetes
– Foot care
– Innovative discovery in drug molecule and delivery
– Diabetes distress, psycho-social aspects: what works?
Participant registration includes
- Access to scientific sessions
- Opening session
- Access to the industry exhibition & poster area
- Congress materials
- Coffee breaks
Badges and identification
Registration badges will be used during the Conference. Participants will receive their badges upon their check-in at the Registrations Desk during the Conference. For identification purposes and admission to session halls, participants are requested to wear their badges at all times. Admission to Conference areas will not be allowed without badge identification.
Terms & Conditions
- Items and activities not availed by the delegate will not be reimbursed.
- Registration fees vary according to payment date.
- Registration cannot be confirmed without payment.
- If registration form submit and the payment is made after the deadline of the early bird fees, the registration fee will be invoiced for immediate payment.
- Upon successful payment, an automated receipt and confirmation of your registration will be sent via email.
- Delegates without proof of payment will not be allowed access to the event.
- If a delegate has to cancel his/her registration before 15th April 2017 the full registration fee will be reimbursed.
- No refundable will be for cancellations received after 15th April 2017.
- No-shows will not qualify for a refund.
VENUE: Park Hyat, Jeddah